Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2
These two verses sum up the roles and responsibilities of the work done on the cross.
Christ endured the pain and suffering of the cross for us. After the finished work He sat down at the right hand of God to govern the affairs of men. Our role is to lay aside the weights and sins of this life and to run with patience the race set before us. Our race is our individual cross. We carry our own cross by enduring the journey that we have been assigned. The race we individually run is as different as the weights and sins we individually face. That race has different courses depending on the ages and stages of life.
How do you get your momentum back when you feel like your head is no longer in the game?
- Identify the weights that are setting you behind– Put a name on them. Cancer, depression, suicide, unemployment, sin habits. You can’t dump what you won’t confront. As you take off some things, you have to put on the whole armor of God. Ephesians 6:10-18
- Prepare like an athlete- Spiritual endurance has a lot to do with the state of mind. Feelings follow thoughts. You can take yourself on unnecessary detours by the thoughts you entertain. You have to be willing to confront your own thoughts with the Word of God:
- Think like Christ:
- Remember He has a plan-Jeremiah 29:11
- He will take care of my enemies-Psalm 37:1-11
- He will provide- Psalm 37: 25-26
- When I am weary-Isaiah 40:30-31
See you at the FINISH LINE!