Provides information and assistance to RTC customers requiring comprehensive
knowledge of operations, methods and processes of the work unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answers inquiries in regards to transportation services, routes, schedules,
stop locations, trip planning and fares.
2. Answers inquiries in regards to RTC ADA Paratransit Certification process
3. Schedules, changes and deletes certification appointments and trip requests
per customer input and following policies, procedures and standards.
4. Reviews scheduling data to ensure trip selection is most efficient.
5. Utilizes street map directory, computer terminal, other transit information
and other reference materials and makes general conclusion based upon
established service area parameters.
6. Operates computer terminal and other standard office equipment required to
communicate and assist employees.
7. Records and answers customer suggestions, requests and complaints.
8. Processes complaints and forwards to appropriate authority for investigation
and resolution; reports lost and found items.
9. Investigates and processes issues related to the RTC Ticket Vending
Machines, Mobile technology, etc.
10. Processes complaints and forwards to appropriate authority for investigation
11. Maintains records of activities as required.
12. Provides additional information and assistance to internal and external
customers as required.
13. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
Equivalent to a High School diploma and minimum one year experience in an
office, retail, or customer service environment.
Employment with the Regional Transportation Commission in this position is
contingent upon completion of a comprehensive background investigation, including
qualifying education/experience verification, social security trace, and criminal history
RTC JOB DESCRIPTION
Customer Care Agent Page 2
Required Knowledge and Skills
Standard agency policies, practices and procedures.
Record keeping systems and the operation of office equipment, computers, and
Metropolitan area geography, streets and highways.
ADA and other pertinent laws and regulations.
Record keeping, filing, indexing, etc.
Techniques for dealing effectively with co-workers and the public, in person and
over the telephone.
Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
Composing activity reports and other written materials or documentation.
Gathering and compiling information; preparing accurate reports and
Operating office equipment, including computers and associated software.
Providing services based upon prescribed policies and procedures.
Maintaining attention to detail and accuracy while meeting service expectations.
Working without close supervision in standard work situations.
Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals,
objectives and activities.
Dealing effectively with customers who may be disabled, hostile and/or
Establishing and maintaining effective work relationships with staff, coworkers
and the public.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
Physical ability to perform office and related work, including operating computers and
office machinery; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and
maneuver materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials; and
hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone. Accommodation
may be made for some of these physical demands for otherwise qualified individuals
who require and request such accommodation.