Clinic Medical Director – Board Certified Family Practice/Internal Medicine
Full-time Salary: $150,000.00 /year
NO HOSPITAL OR ON-CALL RESPONSIBILITIES
The VMSN Medical Director manages the medical clinics of both the Paradise Park and Ruffin Family clinics, and oversees the licensed pharmacy in coordination with the managing pharmacist. The Medical Director provides, supervises, assesses and assures the delivery of quality medical care to VMSN’s patients and effectively carries out the mission and vision of VMSN.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist volunteer physicians and supervision of physician assistants and nurse practitioners in the delivery of quality medical care during all hours the clinics are open.
- Direct care of VMSN patients (approximately 10-20 hours per week).
- Utilize electronic medical records to oversee the review of all incoming medical records, lab results and radiology results and incoming clinical correspondence.
- Assess and assure the quality and scope of medical services offered by the Clinics, including the integration of patient health education programs for quality care.
- Assess and report on Quality Assurance/Risk Assessment and Peer Review documentation per federal guidelines for malpractice coverage.
- Supervise Educational Partnerships with local colleges and universities, including directly supervising all residents as well and physician assistant students, medical students and nursing practitioner students as necessary.
- Oversee the on-site licensed pharmacy in coordination with the Managing Pharmacist.
- Assist Volunteer and Human Resources Director in recruitment of volunteer physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, and ancillary medical volunteers.
- Develop, implement, refine and oversee clinical programs to assure quality care of our patients.
- Work with the Medical Practice Manager to insure that all state, federal, local, OSHA, CLIA and other regulatory guidelines are adhered to.
- Assist Philanthropy Director in grant proposals as well as clinical reporting required by grants and in community outreach programs.
- Serve as ambassador of VMSN by attending relevant functions and speaking engagements.
- Actively promote VMSN in the community and assist with philanthropy efforts.
- Attend board and committee meetings, including, but not limited to, the Health Care Executive Committee, Pharmaceuticals and Therapeutics (P&T) Committee, Credentialing Committee, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited allopathic or osteopathic medical school required.
- Board-certified in field, preferably internal medicine or family practice.
- Must possess an unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Nevada.
- Experience in clinical medical practice, preferably outpatient primary care medicine.
- Strong interpersonal and written communications skills are required.
- Must be able to identify and assess information on computer screens and written reports and documentation and record accurate written and electronic messages and reports.
Physical & Mental Demands and Working Conditions: Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must frequently move about inside the office to meet with patients and access medical equipment, etc.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 25% of time.
- Occasionally will need to reach with hands and arms, lift up to 10 pounds, climb/balance, stoop/kneel/crouch/crawl and push/pull file cabinet drawers.
- Position requires occasional (10%) travel within the local area, traveling to office and business locations to conduct business transactions. This involves exposure to weather conditions, traveling distances to and from buildings, and operating a vehicle.
*Please submit cover letter with resume when applying.
Click to apply: https://www.indeedjobs.com/volunteers-in-medicine-of-southern-nevada/jobs/9c1feb7c789f469a5a73