MFM time of Prayer and Consecration
Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.
2 Corinthians 2:14 NKJV
Our Mission at MFM is
To reach the world by touching people and changing lives through the gospel, with “The Love of Jesus Christ”
2022 “O Give Thanks.”
Our FASTING SCHEDULE
Starts Monday November 14th @ 12 am and concludes Friday November 18th @ 12 pm
Our daily fasting time will change from “12 AM midnight to 12 PM” each day.
(Please drink water if needed to stay hydrated. Also, if you’re taking medicine, have fruits or vegetables during your time of fasting….)
After 12 pm each DAY, have a light meal and a healthy dinner.
(Avoid fried food and red meat)
In the evening, have a healthy snack,
(Continue your fast at 12 am each night until 12 pm the next day UNTIL November 18th at 12 pm…)
The Daniel (or Partial fast.) ( fruit, vegetables, water, juice).
The Total Fast: Monday through Friday, 12 am to 12 pm DAILY (water if needed)
Break your fast each day at NOON. Eat a HEALTHY meal (avoid fried food and red meat)
In the evening, Feel free to have a healthy snack with juice and water as needed.
Join us each day at 12 pm for words of encouragement from Pastor House on all of our social media platforms.
Home /Work/ School
At home, work, or school, do the following when appropriate:
- Read your Bible
- Stay prayerful.
- Maintain a quiet, spiritual state of mind
- Refrain from unnecessary talking.
- Encourage someone with words of love or kindness.
- Refrain from watching television, reading newspapers, and Internet activities, including social media other than MFM, as we will share daily scriptures and messages throughout the day (During the week of consecration, knowledge of world events can weigh you down).
- Plan in-the home activities for the family.
- Read the Bible together, as well as interesting fun books
- Play Bible games.
- Abstain from game consoles, internet gaming, and computer-based games.
- Develop a family hobby or individual hobbies.
- Write letters or notes to loved ones and friends.
- Enjoy the Word on audio and video recordings.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour and get plenty of rest.
BUILDING A SPIRIT OF PRAYER IN THE HOME
During the week of O Give Thanks, each member of MFM should select 30 minutes that they will dedicate to prayer and quiet time in the home.
With all members participating, there will be many people praying every hour of the day for the strength and development of individual families as well as the Body of Christ.
Together, we will lift our voices in prayer for the following:
- Pastor & First Family ·Church Family
- The Body of Christ · Children/Youth
- The Vision of MFM · Ministry Leaders
- City, Country, Nation ·Community
- President & First Family · Government
- Law Enforcement ·Firefighters
- Mayor ·Peace
- Freedom · Incarcerated
- Sick ·Bereaved
- Missions ·Armed Forces
We are asking each family to adopt one or two other families to carry in prayer during the week of O’ Give Thanks. Pray that the Lord bless, keep and shine His face upon them, gives them grace, keeps His face before them, gives them peace, that His name shall be theirs. (Numbers 6:24-27).
1) THE NORMAL FAST: Luke 4:2 (To abstain from eating)
2) THE ABSOLUTE FAST: Acts 9:9 (To abstain from eating & drinking)
3) THE PARTIAL FAST: Daniel 10:3 (To abstain from certain foods)
Benefits to Fasting
- Develops humility
- Strengthens the inner man
- Looses the bands of wickedness
- Releases heavy burdens and freedom from oppression
- Manifestation of God’s power
- Brings the church family into greater unity and growth
- Opens the door for you to receive God’s anointing and fresh revelation
- Increases faith
- Gives you the power to gain victory over the sins of the flesh
- Breaks addictions (food, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, gambling, etc.)
Psalms 1– 62 Book of Proverbs
Book of Acts
Book of Galatians & Ephesians
Peace and blessings,
VETERANS OF FASTING & PRAYER
For those of you who are seasoned in fasting and prayer, you may want to fast two or more days consecutively this is fine; just exercise wisdom.
Prayer is an important part of your Spiritual growth. It is two-way communication with God. We can talk to the Lord anytime and any place. In prayer, God reveals His plans and purpose for our lives. It is in prayer that we receive direction for spiritual warfare strategies and wisdom.
Types of Prayer
Personal Prayer: Taking your petitions and supplications before God.Be careful for nothing, but in every thing by prayer and supplications with thanksgiving, let your requests be known unto God. Philippians 4:6
Intercessory: Praying on behalf of others as the Spirit of God leads.
Corporate: Praying together collectively as a church for the Body of Christ, the nation and its leaders, and kingdom advancement.If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14
How to PrayLearning to pray begins by making a choice to be alone with God. You must set aside time each day to meet with Him. Find a place where you won’t be distracted or interrupted.
O God, thou are my God; early will I seek thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; Psalm 63:1