“Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.”
Isaiah 43:19 NKJV
It’s that time again for our church family and friends to come together as a corporate body globally as well as in your homes. As we enter a season of love, unity, and peace, I pray that our hearts are turned towards harvesting souls and the things we are praying for in our personal lives.
The time of fasting will commence Sunday at 12:00 midnight and conclude at 4:00 pm on Friday.
The Daniel (Partial) Fast Monday, Wednesday and Friday ( fruit, vegetables, water, juice).
The Total Fast: Tuesday and Thursday. You should have nothing to eat or drink during fasting hours on Tuesday and Thursday.
Eat only one meal after 4 pm each day of fasting schedule. Feel free to have a healthy snack with juice and water
following your meal.
Fasting Schedule 2021
11-15 through 11-19
Fast begins when you go to bed Sunday night
|4 pm||Eat 1
(Mon 12am) Nov 15th and concludes Friday, Nov 19th at 4pm. The fasting schedule is midnight to 4pm daily. On Monday, Wednesday and Friday you should only have water, fruit & vegetables if you are doing Daniel Fast. After 4 pm you may have a light meal and a snack before bed. On Tuesday and Thursday (Total Fast) you should have nothing to eat or drink until 4pm. After 4 pm you may have a light meal and a snack before bed.
Prayer is an important part of your Spiritual growth. It is two-way communication with God. We can talk to the Lord anytime and any place. In prayer, God reveals His plans and purpose for our lives. It is in prayer where we receive direction, spiritual warfare strategies and wisdom.
Types of Prayer
Personal Prayer: Taking your petitions and supplications before God.
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplications with thanksgiving let your requests be known unto God. Philippians 4:6
Intercessory: Praying on behalf of others as the Spirit of God leads.
Corporate: Praying together collectively as a church for the Body of Christ, the nation and its leaders, kingdom advancement.
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14
How to Pray
Learning to pray begins by making the choice to be alone with God. You must set aside time each day to meet with Him. Find a place where you won’t be distracted or interrupted.
O God, thou are my God; early will I seek thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is; Psalm 63:1
Home /Work/ School
At home, work, or school do the following when appropriate:
- Read your Bible
- Stay prayerful.
- Maintain a quiet, spiritual state of mind
- Refrain from unnecessary talking.
- Encourage someone with words of love or kindness.
- Refrain from watching television, reading newspapers, and Internet activities including social media. (During the week of consecration, knowledge of world events can weigh you down).
- Plan in-the home activities for the family.
- Read the Bible together, as well as interesting fun books
- Play Bible games.
- Abstain from game consoles, internet gaming, and computer-based games.
- Develop a family hobby or individual hobbies.
- Write letters or notes to loved ones and friends.
- Enjoy the Word on audio and video recordings.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour and get plenty of rest.
BUILDING A SPIRIT OF PRAYER IN THE HOME
During the week of O Give Thanks each member of MFM should select 30 minutes that they will dedicate to prayer and quiet time in the home.
With all members participating, there will be many people praying every hour of the day for strength and development of individual families as well as the Body of Christ.
VETERANS OF FASTING & PRAYER
For those of you who are seasoned in fasting and prayer, you may want to fast two or more days consecutively this is fine, just exercise wisdom
Together, we will lift our voices in prayer for the following:
- Pastor & First Family ·Church Family
- The Body of Christ · Children/Youth
- The Vision of MFM · Ministry Leaders
- City, Country, Nation ·Community
- President & First Family · Government
- Law Enforcement ·Firefighters
- Mayor ·Peace
- Freedom · Incarcerated
- Sick ·Bereaved
- Missions ·Armed Forces
We are asking each family to adopt one or two other families to carry in prayer during the week of O’ Give Thanks. Pray that the Lord bless, keep and shine His face upon them, gives them grace, keeps His face before them, gives them peace, that His name shall be theirs. (Numbers 6:24-27).
1) THE NORMAL FAST: Luke 4:2 (To abstain from eating)
2) THE ABSOLUTE FAST: Acts 9:9 (To abstain from eating & drinking)
3) THE PARTIAL FAST: Daniel 10:3 (To abstain from certain foods)
Benefits to Fasting
- Develops humility
- Strengthens the inner man
- Looses the bands of wickedness
- Releases heavy burdens and freedom from oppression
- Manifestation of God’s power
- Brings the church family into greater unity and growth
- Opens the door for you to receive God’s anointing and fresh revelation
- Increases faith
- Gives you the power to gain victory over the sins of the flesh
- Breaks addictions (food, alcohol, nicotine, caffeine, gambling, etc.)
Psalms 1– 42, Book of Proverbs, Book of Acts, Lamentations, Ecclesiastes