1. Are you waiting for Love? Never sit around and wait on a person to discover your worth, always give yourself a space of grace. What you see in yourself, others will eventually see. Do not compromise your worth for anything or anyone. You are a gem of great price!
2. Are you emotionally healthy? – Facing the truth about your partner, yourself, or your life can be painful and scary. How are you deceiving yourself? Sometimes we pretend our relationships are healthy, but deep down we know that they’re toxic and unhealthy. Don’t ignore the truth; it won’t change if you don’t confront it.
3. Are you chasing a Ring or a Reality? Society convinces us that we’re old by the time we’re 25. And instead of enjoying the fact that we’re getting wiser and more inspired and sure of ourselves, we’re being forced to stress over our “fading youth.” Instead of turning to marriage once we feel like we have a good grip on who we are as an individual and who we are in a partnership, we’re expected to turn to marriage before our youth and beauty and attractiveness waste away.
4. Are you Building a Closer Relationship with God? Make daily prayer a must, and don’t be afraid to be honest with God. God already knows our thoughts, fears, imperfections, and mess-ups, so when we open our prayers with honesty, repentance and seeking forgiveness, our minds are cleared to praise God and begin hearing from Him.
5. Are you Financially Secure? Build yourself a solid budget and stick to it, save your money, buy a home, travel and see the world. You will never be happy with anyone in any relationship if you are not happy and secure in yourself.
Singles, God has given you this opportunity to get your life in order and live out your maximum potential. I encourage you to walk this journey of Singleness in wholeness and discover your path in discovering the Will of God for your life. Find your identity and when the time is right, when you are healthy and in the right place with God, then the right one will come! Confess every morning that number 1 is the new whole number!!!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!